|Civil Service Meghalaya PSC Syllabus|
Download Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2022 pdf
Meghalaya Public Service Commission has published syllabus for the post of Civil Service .
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Details 2022
|Recruitment Board||Meghalaya Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Civil Service|
Meghalaya Public Service Commission Civil Service Selection Procedure 2022
- Preliminary Exam:Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination
- Main Exam:The Main Examination will consist of Written Examination, Personality Test and an Interview test. The written examination will consist of 8 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in sub-section (B) of Section II out of which one paper will be of qualifying in nature. Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
Meghalaya Public Service Commission Civil Service Exam Pattern 2022
|Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Preliminary Exam Pattern|
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions)
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services(Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/ she does not appear in both the papers of the Preliminary Examination
|Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Main Exam Pattern|
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and
Geography of the World and Society)
|Paper-III||General Studies – II
(Governance, Constitution. Polity,
Social Justice and International Relations)
|Paper-IV||General Studies – III
(Technology, Economic Development,
Bio – Diversity,Environment,
Security and Disaster Management)
|Paper-V||General Studies – IV
(Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude )
- The paper on English (Paper A) will be of Matriculation or equivalent standard and will
be of qualifying nature only. The marks obtained in this paper will not be counted for ranking.
- Marks obtained by the candidates for the Paper I-VII only will be counted for merit ranking.
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2022
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper-I
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty,Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science.
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Main Exam Syllabus 2022
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Qualifying Paper English
The aim of the paper is to test the candidates’ ability to read and understand serious discursive prose, and to express his ideas clearly and correctly in English.
The pattern of questions would be broadly as follows
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary
- Short Essays
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper I – Essay
- Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics. They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion, and to write concisely. Credit will be given for effective and exact expression
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper II – General Studies – I
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the
present- significant events personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle its various stages and important contributors/contributions
from different parts of the country
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country
- History of the world will include industrial revolution, world wars, colonization,
decolonization political philosophies like communism, capitalism socialism etc
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues,
poverty and developmental urbanization, their problems and their remedies. Effects
of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc geographical features and their location-changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper III – General Studies – II
- Indian Constitution-historical underpinnings evolution, features, amendments,significant provisions and basic structure
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions
- Parliament and State legislatures Structure functioning, conduct of business,powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger Important aspects of governance,transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models successes,limitations, and potential; citizens charters transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper IV – General Studies – III
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning mobilization, of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it
- Government Budgeting
- Major crops-cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices;Public Distribution System objectives, functioning limitations, revamping issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance location,upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc
- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, biotechnology and issues relating to intellectual property rights
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation environmental impact assessment.
- Disaster and disaster management Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Paper V – General Studies – IV
This paper will include questions to test the candidates attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society Questions may utilise the case study approach to determine these aspects. The following broad areas will be covered:-
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in-human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships Human Values lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family society and educational institutions in inculcating values
- Attitude: content, structure, function its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service integrity, impartiality and non partisanship, objectivity dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance;accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity ; Information sharing and transparency in government Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues.
Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus Mains Exam Optional Subjects
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
Download Meghalaya PSC Civil Service Syllabus 2022
|Download Syllabus||Download Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Latest Govt Jobs Alert||Subscribe Here|
How to download Meghalaya PSC Syllabus 2022 for Various Posts
|Click on “Download Syllabus” mentioned under Download section.One pdf file open where candidates can check detailed syllabus.
Candidates are requested to visit official website for more and accurate information.