SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023 Details
|Organization Name||State Bank Of India (SBI)|
|Post / Exam Name||Clerk (Junior Associates)|
SBI Clerk Nationality Criteria
- Citizens of India.
- Candidates with Bhutan/ Nepal/ Bangladesh having a valid certificate to prove their intention to settle permanently in India are also eligible to apply for the examination.
SBI Clerk Age Limit
There are lower and upper age limit criteria for the exam. They are,
- Minimum Age – 20 years
- Maximum age – 28 years
Relaxation of Upper age limit: Age relaxation is applicable based on the category of the candidate. Details are given below category-wise.
|Category||Upper Age relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 Years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 Years|
|PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 Years|
|PWD (SC/ ST)||15 Years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in
defense services + 3 years, (8 years for
Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to
SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years
|Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated
from their husbands & who are not remarried
|7 years (subject to maximum age limit
of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years
for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
- Candidates having an integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 16.08.2023.
- Those who are in the final year/ semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.01.2022.
- Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post.
- Candidates who are working in SBI in the Clerical or Officer cadre are not eligible to apply under this project. Candidates who were earlier employed in the State Bank of India and resigned from the Bank while in clerical or officer cadre will also be not eligible to apply for the post.
- Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse reports regarding character antecedents, moral turpitude, etc. are not eligible to apply for the post.
No of Attempts
There is no such limit of attempts for the SBI Clerk post. So Candidates within the age limit can apply several times for this post.
SBI Clerk Eligibility – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the age limit for the SBI Clerk exam?
Candidates who are appearing for the Clerk exam must have ages between 20 to 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable for certain categories.
Can 12th pass apply for SBI Clerk?
Minimum qualification graduation is required for SBI Clerk so 12th pass candidates can’t apply.
How many attempts are there for SBI Clerk?
Officially State Bank of India has not specified any restriction regarding a number of attempts. It indicates a candidate can sit in the SBI Clerk exam many times.